- This event has passed.
Trialog: “Transition with structure: Participatory formats for the transformation in Lusatia”
16. January 2020 @ 9:00 - 17:00
Many initiatives dealing with the future of Lusatia focus on local and regional infrastructure projects, technology and economic approaches to develop the region. This is necessary, but not sufficient for a prosperous development. For a participatory development strategy in which the citizens themselves jointly advise and promote the transformation, we need multi-actor participation: Municipal politics/administration – economy – civil society – science. The aim should be to integrate issues of culture and identity (self-percpetion and self-esteem), proximity to the citizens, trust and courage to embrace change and other social-psychological aspects in the structural transformation processes. Our project for the preparation of a long-term participatory development strategy would like to start here: To establish a variety of perspectives, the exchange of arguments and justifications as the basis for cooperation and shaping the future. How important the integration of the various perspectives is, is shown by the many initiatives that have emerged in the region in recent years.
The Trialog aims to present the results of the preceding workshops and to discuss criteria, experiences and formats of a successfull structural transition. Following questions are important in that context:
• What are good examples and participation formats for a transformation? Which criteria are of importance?
• How could actors participate and how can they be approached? Who are the actors of the transformation?
• How does culture influence transformation processes?
• How do different formats mobilize participation and which are the preconditions for these?
If you are interested, you can register here.